Here are the 5 awesome reasons to travel to The Villages® community:
- Skipping traffic jams- no matter where you live, there are traffic jams at particular times of the day, and The Villages® community is no exception. In a golf cart, it doesn’t matter if it’s the morning, afternoon or evening rush hour. Golf cart paths allow you to zip around Florida’s Friendliest Town like the VIP you are!
- Gas prices don’t matter - if you own a modern electric golf cart, you get to ignore the complaints about those prices at the pump! While everyone is moaning about filling up their average cars, you get to zip on by knowing you’ll plug in later!
- No license? No problem! - Florida Golf Cart Safety Law only requires that golf cart drivers be at least 14 years old - no license required. You can get the same driving under the influence (DUI) citation under Section 316.193, Fla. Stat. The golf cart driver also can be cited for other traffic violations, such as running a stop sign or failure to yield, etc. While safety always matters first, if your primary form of transportation is a golf cart, you never have to worry about lines at the DMV again!
- Less Maintenance and more customizable options! Even if you’re not a golfer, there are countless ways to spruce up, customize and make your golf cart uniquely yours. Take it from this guy a golf cart can never be too decked out. Maintenance is much lower than a regular car, too - so it’s much less headache!
- Ease of access! As we mentioned earlier, in Florida, one need only be 14 years old to operate a golf car legally - what could be easier? If your teenage grandkids are in town and feel like taking a tour of our fantastic community, hand them the key and rest comfortably knowing they’re going to be okay!