In today’s price-competitive market with an inventory filled with homes here in The Villages® community, homebuyers can afford to be selective. The market is competing for buyers, and buyers are looking for the best home for their money, so it’s easy for a home on the market to slip through the cracks if it is not in pristine condition during the showing.
Here are some simple updates you can make to whip your home into shape and give your potential buyers that wow factor:
- Make necessary repairs. In today’s buyer’s market, when you’re ready to sell your home, you want it to be in the best condition possible. Pay attention to major defects like broken windows, leaky pipes or a roof leak (no matter how small) can deter potential buyers.â€¨
- Make every surface sparkle. From air vents, to ceiling fans, floors, walls, counters and everything in between, clean your home until it shines.â€¨
- Improve the landscaping. As the first thing a potential buyer sees when they drive up to your home, curb appeal is vital in making a good first impression. Your home’s lawn should be immaculate. The grass should be mowed, the bushes pruned and garden weeded. Planting flowers also goes a long way to giving the home a cheerful appearance.â€¨
- Make sure the outside is clean. Check your home’s siding, paint and gutters for any signs of mold, mildew, dirt, or stains and make sure they’re pressure washed away before the showing. A dirty exterior will give potential buyers the impression that you’ve also neglected the inside.â€¨
- Make the front door feel welcoming. Apply a fresh coat of paint in a color that contrasts with the home, and it will stand out. Be sure house numbers can be easily be seen from the curb and purchase a new welcome mat to let your potential buyers know they’re welcome into your home.â€¨
- Depersonalize. Potential buyers want to be able to imagine themselves and their belongings living in your home. Put photos, personal items and knickknacks out of site and be sure the walls are painted in a neutral color that appeals to a wide range of tastes.â€¨
- Deodorize and fill your home with warm scent. Hide your fur baby’s litter box and spray an air neutralizer throughout the home. When a potential buyer arrives for a showing, be sure the home is filled with appealing scents like a bouquet of flowers or a batch of cookies baking in the oven.
Once you're already to rock n' roll and get it sold, contact White Pelican and let us handle the rest!