The choice to rent out your Villages® community home is an important one and should be made carefully, with the assistance of a reputable professional. Professional home rental/property management companies will:
- Film and publish Virtual Tour or still shots of the inside and outside of your property
- Set up a website page with pertinent details about your property
- Register for sales tax collections with FDOR if applicable
- Set you up with an owner’s account for tracking and reporting your income & expenses
- Prepare & execute a legally binding rental and lease agreement
- Set up direct deposit for you to receive rental payments
- Provide home watch for periods when your home is vacant
The time it takes to rent your property depends on a few factors, including price, location, and condition of your home. On average, it takes anywhere from 30 to 90 days to market and gets your home rented.
The rental/property management company you choose should qualify all of your prospective tenants with a rental application, background check, and credit check.
As the owner, you will usually be expected to maintain your own Amenities fees, HOA fees, or condo fees. Utilities, lawn maintenance, and pest control are often the owner’s responsibility as well unless indicated otherwise in your legal agreement. If you're interested in renting out your Villages® community home, contact White Pelican today!